Kayaking in Kyuquot Sound
Flow with the tides, weather, and wildlife on this 4 or 5 day getaway. Taking full advantage of the comforts and conveniences of a base camp, on each day’s outings by sea kayak you might encounter curious sea otters, sea lions, whales (which can include humpback, grey, Minke & orcas), tufted puffins, bald eagles. On land you will see black bears forage along the shoreline, giant Sitka spruce trees, and some of the most spectacular rugged surf-pounded shores.
The guides will take you out for interpretive walks along shell beaches, rocky islets laden with marine life in tide pools and historic and current sites of the local Kyuquot-Checleset First Nations people. Top that off with gourmet meals and incredibly picturesque sunsets and sunrises and you’ll have the time of your life!
These trips begin and end from your accommodation in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River, include van transportation, a scenic boat ride to the Wilderness Retreat Base Camp, and the perfect mix of personal and group time once on the west coast.
Dates & times:
4 day Kayaking Kyuquot Tour Dates – 2018
- July 12- 15
- August 9 – 12
- August 31 – September 3 FULL
5 day Sea Otter Kyuquot Kayak Tour Dates – 2018
4 day Kayaking Kyuquot Tour
- $1,899 + 5% GST (per adult)
- $1,614 + 5% GST (children 5-12 yrs)
5 day Sea Otter Kayak Tour
- $2,299 + 5% GST (per adult)
- $1,954 + 5% GST (children 5-12 yrs)
- No Experience Necessary
- Two-way ground transportation with professional drivers (van shuttle) to/from your overnight accommodation or vehicle parking location in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River; parking available.
- Two-way water taxi transfer from Fair Harbour to Spring Island Base Camp
- Hot Shower! (beachfront)
- Walk-in waterfront tents with beds, pillows, fitted sheet, and fleece blanket (just bring your sleeping bag…or arrange to rent one from us)
- All scrumptious meals and snacks once with us in Kyuquot – everyone is pleasantly satiated!
- Traditional Aboriginal cultural salmon dinner, prepared around the fire with a local First Nations family
- Professional guides and all group safety gear
- Diverse fleet of new, high-quality fibreglass and Kevlar single and double kayaks and all related kayaking equipment
- Use of paddling jackets and dry bags for day trips when kayaking
- Engaging interpretive programs (rainforest, intertidal, marine, cultural) tailored to your interests
- Comprehensive resource library of reference and reading material about the coast
- Complimentary use of Stand Up Paddle Boards or “Window Kayaks” for exploring in our sheltered bay
- Innumerable other things – big and small – that make your experience with us feel comfy and complete!
Booking & Cancellation:
- $700 Deposit reserves seat
- Full payment is due at least 75 days before trip start
- No Refunds 75 days prior to departure
- Rates are based on double occupancy, a single upgrade may be available.
- Cancellation insurance highly recommended