$1,249 Kayaking in Discovery Islands
Included in National Geographic Canada’s 50 Places of a Lifetime, the Discovery Islands are a kayaker’s paradise and one of the West Coast’s best kept secrets.
Wildlife is in abundance on Quadra island and the surrounding ocean. Discovery Islands are home to sea lions, seals, pacific white sided dolphins, otters, colorful birds and some of the largest starfish and clams in the world. Playful seals and seal pups often approach your sea kayaks and if you are very lucky, you may even get to see transient Orcas or Humpback Whales who have also been spotted during this trip.
The Discovery Islands tour launches from breathtaking Rebecca Spit Provincial Park located in Quadra Island’s Heriot Bay. Kayakers enjoy setting up camp at a different location each day after paddling the myriad of channels, bays, coves, points and passages.
Trips in June and September venture into Desolation Sound via Cortes Island. Desolation Sound’s dramatic fjords wind their way alongside steep evergreen forests. The warm waters are excellent for swimming and when on land the native hiking trails in the rugged forests lead up to fresh water lakes and hidden waterfalls.
2019 Dates & Times:
- Dates: TBD
- $1,249 per person (plus GST)
- $1,061.65 for children under 16 (plus GST)
- No experience necessary
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- 6 days (5 on water)
- Start and finish on Quadra Island (10-minute ferry ride from Campbell River on Vancouver Island)
During the first night of your sea kayaking vacation you will stay at one of Quadra’s beautiful resorts. A relaxing start and an opportunity to enjoy Quadra Island as you prepare for the five spectacular days you will spend kayaking and camping.
On the day of your arrival a briefing at the resort will provide you with everything you need to know before launching early the next morning.
Booking & Cancellation:
- Completed Waiver and Medical form required prior to our arrival.
- 25% deposit due immediately to confirm spot
- Full payment due 90 days prior to departure
- 30 days prior to trip departure: no refund
- Cancellation insurance highly recommended