$1,299 Kayaking in Discovery Islands
Included in National Geographic Canada’s 50 Places of a Lifetime, the Discovery Islands are a kayaker’s paradise and one of the West Coast’s best kept secrets.
Wildlife is in abundance on Quadra island and the surrounding ocean. Discovery Islands are home to sea lions, seals, pacific white sided dolphins, otters, colorful birds and some of the largest starfish and clams in the world. Playful seals and seal pups often approach your sea kayaks and if you are very lucky, you may even get to see transient Orcas or Humpback Whales who have also been spotted during this trip.
The Discovery Islands tour launches from breathtaking Rebecca Spit Provincial Park located in Quadra Island’s Heriot Bay. Kayakers enjoy setting up camp at a different location each day after paddling the myriad of channels, bays, coves, points and passages.
Trips in June and September venture into Desolation Sound via Cortes Island. Desolation Sound’s dramatic fjords wind their way alongside steep evergreen forests. The warm waters are excellent for swimming and when on land the native hiking trails in the rugged forests lead up to fresh water lakes and hidden waterfalls.
2019 Dates & Times:
- May 27-Jun 1
- Jun 3-8
- Jun 10-15
- Jun 17-22
- Jun 24-29
- Jul 1-6
- Jul 8-13
- Jul 15-20
- Jul 22-27
- Jul 29-Aug 3
- Aug 5-10
- Aug 12-17
- Aug 19-24
- Aug 26-31
- May 27 – July 26:
- $1,299 per person (plus GST)
- $1,169 for children under 16 (plus GST)
- Jul 29 – Aug 31:
- $1,349 per person (plus GST)
- $1,214 for children under 16 (plus GST)
- No experience necessary
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- 6 days (5 on water)
- Start and finish on Quadra Island (10-minute ferry ride from Campbell River on Vancouver Island)
During the first night of your sea kayaking vacation you will stay at one of Quadra’s beautiful resorts. A relaxing start and an opportunity to enjoy Quadra Island as you prepare for the five spectacular days you will spend kayaking and camping.
On the day of your arrival a briefing at the resort will provide you with everything you need to know before launching early the next morning.
Booking & Cancellation:
- Completed Waiver and Medical form required prior to our arrival.
- 100% payment due immediately to confirm spot
- Cancellation Policy:
- more than 90 days prior to trip departure: full refund minus 3% admin fee
- 30-90 days prior to trip departure: 50% refund;
- 29 days or less prior to trip departure: no refund
- Cancellation insurance highly recommended