Paddle Canada Certification is available as an optional feature when you participate in one of the following programs:
- Beginner Kayaking – Paddle Canada Basic Sea Kayaking Skills
- Intermediate Kayaking – Paddle Canada Level One Sea Kayaking Skills
- Complete Kayaking – Paddle Canada Level One Sea Kayaking Skills
- Level Two Series – Paddle Canada Level Two Sea Kayaking Skills
- Beginner Stand Up Paddleboarding – Paddle Canada Stand Up Paddleboard Basic Flatwater Skills
- Advanced Stand Up Paddleboarding Skills – Paddle Canada Stand Up Paddleboard Advanced Flatwater Skills
Certification is included in Beginner Skills Kayak Camp (Basic Kayaking skills) and Intermediate Skill Kayak Camp (Level One kayaking skills) at no extra charge for any participants completing all the required skills.
Certification only costs an extra $15 per participant and can be opted into at any time prior to the end of your program. The benefits of certification include:
- Official acknowledgment of your participation in a nationally recognized skills progression. Use this certification to easily access further training at hundreds of locations across Canada.
- A clear and easy to use system that will help facilitate your skill and knowledge development.
- Access to a national community of sea kayakers and stand up paddleboarders.
- Upper level training. Certification at the introductory/novice level is required before you will be permitted to participate in advanced Paddle Canada programs.
- Professional development. For those interested in working in the sea kayaking and paddleboarding community, Paddle Canada offers nationally recognized skill and instructor certification which is required for employment by the vast majority of paddling schools across Canada.
If you are unsure whether Paddle Canada Certification would be beneficial for you, please feel free to discuss this option with our School Director (email me) prior to your program commencing, or your program instructor once your class is underway. Please remember that you must indicate that you would like the certification prior to the end of your program. Once the program is complete this opportunity will no longer be available.
About Paddle Canada
Paddle Canada was conceived in 1971 as a result of the perceived need that recreational paddling enthusiasts from across Canada required a national body to co-ordinate the efforts of those involved in non-competitive canoeing and kayaking. Today, the Association acts as the national office for ten provincial and three territorial associations, as well as 2.3 million recreational paddlers.
Throughout its growth, Paddle Canada developed recreational river and sea kayaking and later stand up paddleboarding standards on a national basis. They also implemented an instructor base to deliver certification programs nation wide. Ecomarine has been working with the Paddle Canada to develop and improve the sea kayaking curriculum over many decades. In cooperation with our Paddling Partners, we now offer the full range of Paddle Canada sea kayak programming, from basic kayaking to level four recreational paddling, as well as instructor level training. As of 2013, Ecomarine has offered advanced Stand Up Paddleboard lessons certified by Paddle Canada. Please see our Lessons and professional development programs for more information on individual programs.