School & Youth Groups Granville Island, Jericho Beach
Today, more and more schools and youth groups are looking to watersports as a means of giving youth something new, fun and exciting to do while providing them with exercise and challenge. For over 30 years Ecomarine has specialized in individual and group programs that introduced over 25,000 youth to the excitement of kayaking and stand up paddleboarding. Our Paddle Canada Certified Instructors are experienced paddlers and outdoor educators that will ensure your group will have a great time. We can design our programs to meet your needs or specific curriculum goals.
For example, for a third year in a row we partnered with the Chill Foundation Vancouver again in 2018 to design a 6 session Stand Up Paddling program for local youth. We’re very privileged to work with this amazing organization!
Dates & times:
Customized programs available from May to October.
Small groups can be hosted from November to April.
School and youth group pricing is available to BC elementary and high school students or youth groups aged 8-16yrs. For adult, post-secondary or ESL school group prices see kayaking and SUP private tours.
|Paddle Canada Basic Kayak Cert:
8 hours of instruction
|Paddle Canada Level One Cert:
12 hours of instruction
Stand Up Paddleboarding Programs (up to 12 participants at our Granville Island location)
|Paddle Canada Intro to Stand Up Paddleboarding Skills:
Important Information & Resources:
Other things to note:
The programs are run with one Certified Instructor per 6 students. Group size can range from 6 to 30 students for kayaking and 6 – 12 students for stand up paddleboarding. For all group bookings please contact us at 604-689-7575 extension 4 or email us.
- Groups up to 12 can paddle at Jericho or Granville Island
- Groups up to 30 can use our Jericho Beach location (larger groups possible with sufficient notice)
- Stand up paddleboarding is only available at Granville Island
We are also able to create full day multi-sport programs for your school, that combine kayaking with stand up paddleboarding, sailing, skimboarding or windsurfing at the Jericho Sailing Centre.
Booking and Cancellation Policies:
- A credit card number but no deposit is required to confirm your booking.
- Full payment and confirmed number of participants is required 48 hours (single day program) or 7 days (multi-day program) in advance of your program.
- No refunds or changes will be permitted within 48 hour (single day program) or 7 days (multi-day program) of your program commencing. Before this cutoff, date changes or cancellations are charged $20 per booking. Changes to participant numbers do not incur any penalties.
- Programs run rain or shine. Cancellations only for unsafe paddling conditions.