$599 Level 1 Kayaking Instructor Jericho Beach
This program is for committed ocean kayak instructors. We build on teaching proficiency and perfect demonstration quality strokes. Lesson planning and safety are the foundations of this course.
During this five-day program, we cover how to comprehensively and confidently teach a Level 1 Sea Kayak skills course in the nationally recognized Paddle Canada Program. Upon completion, you’ll join a group of committed and passionate paddlers across the country.
2019 Dates & Times:
- Special 5-day rental rate for kayak, gear & wetsuit: $99
- Paddle Canada Level Two skills
- Personal paddling experience in light and moderate or higher sea conditions, including overnight days and extended trips of 2 or more days totalling 10 overnights
- Registered as a Paddle Canada Instructor Candidate ($99.99 annual membership fee). If you aren’t already a Paddle Canada Instructor Member in good standing, you’re responsible for registering yourself before the course start date
- Standard 14-hour First Aid and CPR-C Certification required
- Wilderness first aid with CPR-C is strongly recommended
- VHF Radio Operators certification is recommended
- 18 years of age or older