$549 Complete Kayaking Jericho Beach
Start from no kayaking experience and build the skills needed to venture out on full-day paddling trips! Your kayak, gear, and wetsuit, as well as kayak and gear transportation to the day trip location, are included in the cost of your course.
You’ll spend six evenings at Jericho Beach learning the fundamentals of gear, kayaks, and strokes. We’ll introduce kayak capsizing and re-entry, both on your own and with the help of a partner, and show you how to paddle more efficiently. We’ll also introduce navigation for day-tripping, including chart reading, route finding, tides, and weather. The program will wrap up with a day trip from our Jericho Beach location.
Upon successful completion of all skills, you will receive your Paddle Canada Level 1 Kayaking Certification. Additionally, this program will earn you your solo re-entry card.
2019 Dates & Times:
Series run 6–9PM (Series E: 5:30–8:30PM) and day trip runs 9AM–4PM
- Series A (Wednesdays): May 8, 15, 22 & 29; June 5 & 12. Daytrip June 15
- Series B (Tuesdays): May 28; June 4, 11, 18 & 25; July 2. Daytrip July 7
- Series C (Thursdays): June 13, 20 & 27; July 4, 11 & 18. Daytrip July 21
- Series D (Tuesdays): July 9, 16, 23 & 30; August 6 & 13. Daytrip August 18
- Series E (Wednesdays): July 31; August 7, 14, 21 & 28; September 4. Daytrip September 8
Important Information & Resources:
Other things to note:
This course is designed for those aged 16 and up with no previous kayaking experience. However, as this course introduces intermediate paddling techniques early on, it’s also appropriate if you have some ocean kayaking experience but have never had any formal training.