Working at Ecomarine Paddlesport Centres
Ecomarine is always looking for people who share in our passion for paddle sports and the outdoors. Employment with Ecomarine is hard work, but fun and rewarding at the same time. Ecomarine Paddlesport Centres has been a family run business since 1980, with ethical policies and a mandate to make a positive difference to everyone in our community.
Ecomarine is composed of the following four key departments and we have employment opportunities within each. Most positions begin in May and continue throughout the summer until early-mid September.
- Instruction & guiding
- Rental facilities & equipment
- Administration & programming
- Working with an excellent team of paddling and outdoor enthusiasts
- Possibly the best work locations in the city with facilities at Granville Island and Jericho Beach
- Advancing your paddling skills with some of Vancouver’s best paddlers through workshops and lessons
- Access to kayaks, boards and equipment for personal use
- Staff Purchase Program
- Flexible Hours
- Staff events and parties, paddling trips and more..
Ecomarine is Vancouver full service paddlesports expert. In addition to our kayak and stand up paddleboard lessons and tours we have a retail store and rental location at Granville island and a renal location at Jericho Beach.
Retail and Rental Staff
As the public face of the company Sales Associates are responsible for dealing with any customer questions about the products and service the company offers. Selling our products in the store and setting kayaks and paddle boards up for renters and sending them on the water are the key responsibilities of this position.
We are currently hiring for multiple seasonal positions at both locations. Full time and part-time positions are available. Both require evening and weekend work. Most positions start in May and end after Labour Day weekend. Select positions may start earlier and end later in September/October.
Youth Kayak Camp Volunteer
Ecomarine is looking for young paddlers to assist with our July & August kayak day camps at Jericho Beach. Volunteers must have previous ocean kayaking experience. Many of our volunteers go on to be instructors. Volunteers usually come for a week at a time where they spend time assisting with camps and our rental staff with the fleet. We are pleased to provide letters of recommendation for our volunteers and support them as they meet the volunteer hour requirements for high school graduation. Most of our volunteers are 14 – 17 years of age, however we welcome any age to apply. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in volunteering this summer.
- Use our online application forms below
- or bring your your cover letter, resume and relevant references with you in person to our Granville Island location.
Any questions, please email us at jobs[at]ecomarine.com with the relevant position in the subject line.