Working at Ecomarine Paddlesport Centres
Ecomarine is always looking for people who share in our passion for paddle sports and the outdoors. Employment with Ecomarine is hard work, but fun and rewarding at the same time. Ecomarine Paddlesport Centres has been a family run business since 1980, with ethical policies and a mandate to make a positive difference to everyone in our community.
Ecomarine is composed of the following four key departments and we have employment opportunities within each. Most positions begin in May and continue throughout the summer until early-mid September.
- Instruction & guiding
- Rental facilities & equipment
- Administration & programming
- Working with an excellent team of paddling and outdoor enthusiasts
- Possibly the best work locations in the city with facilities at Granville Island and Jericho Beach
- Advancing your paddling skills with some of Vancouver’s best paddlers through workshops and courses
- Access to kayaks, boards and equipment for personal use
- Staff Purchase Program
- Flexible Hours
- Staff events and parties, paddling trips and more..
The Retail Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the retail store and rental operation at Granville Island. They provide strong leadership for a team of 4 to 20 people. The manager works closely within our sales department to ensure that we meet sales targets while adhering to our company core values. They should be open to new ideas and product categories within the paddlesport industry. Building and maintaining good relationships with our vendors will be essential to be successful in this role. Passion and experience in paddlesports is a great asset. See full job posting here.
If you are:
- Willing to lead a team and a grow your leadership skills
- Friendly, professional, and highly organized
- Familiar with Paddlesports (kayaks, stand up paddleboards, canoes, surf-skis)
- Love the outdoors and gear that goes with it
- Passionate and Goal focused
Then apply by sending a cover letter & resume in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Retail Manager’ in the subject line. Please name the document firstname_lastname_RM.pdf. Applications are due by July 15, 2018 at 9:00pm, but early applications are encouraged!
Summer Retail & Rental Staff at both locations
Applications accepted from Jan-June, most hiring occurs in Feb, March & April. Apply in person at Granville Island location (Mon-Thurs) or use the online form below.
- Opening and closing rental operations, moving equipment
- Processing rental reservations and financial transactions
- Giving safety orientations to renters before they depart the dock or beach
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment and facilities
- Booking guests into Ecomarine tours and lessons
- See the full posting here
Kayak and SUP Instructors and Guides – more information on becoming an instructor or guide here
Hiring for kayak and/or SUP instructors and guides in 2018 is complete. Thank you to everyone that applied!
Youth Kayak Camp Volunteer – Ecomarine is looking for young paddlers to assist with our July & August kayak day camps at Jericho Beach. Volunteers must have previous ocean kayaking experience. Many of our volunteers go on to be instructors. Volunteers usually come for a week at a time where they spend time assisting with camps and our rental staff with the fleet. We are pleased to provide letters of recommendation for our volunteers and support them as they meet the volunteer hour requirements for high school graduation. Most of our volunteers are 14 – 17 years of age, however we welcome any age to apply. Please email email@example.com if interested in volunteering this summer.
If you are interested in working with us you have two options to apply: Use our online application forms below or bring your your cover letter, resume and relevant references with you in person to our Granville Island location. Any questions, please email us at jobs[at]ecomarine.com with the relevant position in the subject line.