Stand Up Paddleboarding Essentials Granville Island
In two hours we introduce you to the fun of Stand Up Paddleboarding. We cover equipment, safety, paddle strokes, launching and landing and will get you paddling on your own in no time. This course is a great introduction to this fun and exciting sport. Learn the essentials of SUP with Ecomarine and next time you go out on the water, you’ll have the skills and experience to paddle with confidence.
Dates & times:
- June 3 to September 2 (9:30-11:30 am)
- September 9 & 16 (10:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- May 31 to August 9 (6:30-8:30 pm)
- no course on Aug 2 due to Celebration of Light in English Bay
- August 16, 23 & 30 (6-8 pm)
- September 6 & 13 (5:30-7:30 pm)
**Special women only SUP Essentials Sat July 22, Wed Aug 16 & Sat Aug 26.
- Two hour program on the ocean – $59 plus GST
- Includes board & gear rental
- No Experience Necessary
- 16 years of age
- Paddle Canada Basic Stand Up Paddleboard certification is available for an additional $15 fee. More information on Paddle Canada Certification can be found here.
Important Information & Resources:
Other things to note:
Wetsuits are not necessary or provided for this course but you are welcome to bring your own. Otherwise, please wear non cotton clothing that can get wet or see what to bring page or your confirmation email for more details.