$599 Level Two Series Jericho Beach, Other
Paddle Canada Level Two Sea Kayaking Skills Series is a gateway to an exciting progression of sea kayak touring and overnight trips in the many amazing yet challenging Canadian kayaking destinations.
Participation in this one weekend plus a multi-day overnight stay program will allow you to develop and assess your skill and comprehension necessary for proficient overnight kayak touring in moderate sea conditions. Includes instruction and assessment of touring skills, risk assessment, bracing, maneuvering strokes, combined strokes, sustained paddling, introduction to rolling and an overnight camping trip.
Weekend 1 includes two full days (9am – 4pm) at Jericho Beach working on skills, strokes, and knowledge to prepare for Weekend 2 overnight camping trip. Navigation, advanced strokes, quick and efficient re-entries including rolling will all be reviewed and assessed. Strategies for paddling over longer distances and in more challenging condition as well as camp craft skills, as they apply to kayak camping, are also included in the Level 2 series.
There will be readings and an assignment between weekends, as well an exam during the program.
Dates & times:
June 2018 Series
- Sat & Sun June 2 + 3 | 9am – 4pm at Jericho Beach
- Fri – Sun June 8 – 10 | Overnight trip weekend Southern Gulf islands
September 2018 Series
- Sat & Sun Sept 15 + 16 | 9am – 4pm at Jericho Beach
- Fri – Sun Sept 21 – 23 | Overnight trip weekend Southern Gulf islands
- 2 days + 3 day overnight trip – $599 plus GST
- Discounted kayak, gear and wetsuit rental for the duration of the course – $100
- You are responsible for providing your food and personal camping equipment
- Transportation or ferry fees to course location are not included; however, carpooling may be an option. Kayak transport to launch or ferry terminal will be provided for those choosing to rent a kayak.
- Paddle Canada Level 2 Skills certification available for available for an additional $15 fee; click here for more information.