$469 Complete Series Jericho Beach
The Complete Series allow you to start from no kayaking experience and build the skills needed to venture out on full-day paddling trips. We spend six evenings at Jericho Beach introducing you to the fundamentals of gear, kayaks, strokes and rescues, and wrap the program by enjoying a daytrip to one of our fantastic local paddling destinations.
We introduce capsizing and getting back into your kayak, both with assistance and solo. Strokes development is focused on helping improve paddling efficiency on the move. We also look at navigation for day-tripping including chart (map) reading, route finding, tides, and weather.
As this course introduces intermediate paddling techniques early on, it is also popular with those who have some ocean kayaking experience but have never taken any formal training.
Dates & times:
Six Evenings (6 – 9pm) & Daytrip (9am – 3pm)
- Series A: May 8, 15, 22, 29, June 5, 12 | Wednesdays | Daytrip June 17
- Series B: May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5 | Thursdays | Daytrip July 8
- Series C: June 13, 20, 27, July 4, 11, 18 | Wednesdays | Daytrip July 22
- Series D: June 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24 | Tuesdays | Daytrip July 29
Six Evenings (5:30 – 8:30pm) & Daytrip (9am – 3pm)
- Series E: July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug 2, 9 | Thursdays | Daytrip Aug 12
- Series F: July 17, 24, 31, Aug 7, 14, 21 | Tuesdays | Daytrip Aug 26
- Six evenings on the ocean and a day trip – $469
- Includes kayak, gear & wetsuit rental for the duration of the course
- Kayak & gear will be transported to the day trip location
- No experience necessary
- 16 years of age