$469 Complete Kayaking Jericho Beach
Start from no kayaking experience and build the skills needed to venture out on full-day paddling trips! Your kayak, gear, and wetsuit, as well as kayak and gear transportation to the day trip location, are included in the cost of your course.
You’ll spend six evenings at Jericho Beach learning the fundamentals of gear, kayaks, and strokes. We’ll introduce kayak capsizing and re-entry, both on your own and with the help of a partner, and show you how to paddle more efficiently. We’ll also introduce navigation for day-tripping, including chart reading, route finding, tides, and weather. The program will wrap up withna day trip to one of our fantastic local paddling destinations.
This program will earn you your solo re-entry card. Paddle Canada Level 1 Kayaking certification is also available for an additional $15 fee.
Dates & times:
Series start from 6 – 9pm with the day trip from 9am – 3pm (Series E & F start 5:30 – 8:30pm)
- Series A: May 8, 15, 22, 29, June 5, 12 (Tuesdays) with June 17 day trip to Pitt Lake
- Series B: May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5 (Thursdays) with July 8 day trip to Alouette Lake
- Series C: June 13, 20, 27, July 4, 11, 18 (Wednesdays) with July 22 day trip from Jericho Beach
- Series D: June 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24 (Tuesdays) with July 29 day trip to Burrard Inlet
- Series E: July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9 (Thursdays) with August 12 day trip to Indian Arm
- Series F: July 17, 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21 (Tuesdays) with August 26 day trip to Ladner Marsh
Important Information & Resources:
Other things to note:
This course is designed for those aged 16 and up with no previous kayaking experience. However, as this course introduces intermediate paddling techniques early on, it’s also appropriate if you have some ocean kayaking experience but have never had any formal training.