Beginner Series Jericho Beach
Spend four evenings at Jericho beach exploring the world of ocean kayaking. This comprehensive program supplies the foundation skills for paddlers wanting to head out for short paddles in a group or by themselves.
On the water we focus on skills such as boat handling, launching, landing and balancing. Once comfortable in the kayak you will learn how to safely exit your kayak in the event of a capsize, how to get back in with the help of a partner and how to get back in on your own.
Dates & times:
Four Weekday Evenings
- Series A: May 2, 9, 16, 23 | Tuesdays (6 – 9 pm)
- Series B: May 25, June 1, 8, 15 | Thursdays (6 – 9 pm)
- Series C: June 20, 27, July 4, 11 | Tuesdays (6 – 9 pm)
- Series D: July 10, 17, 24, 31 | Mondays (6 – 9 pm)
- Series E: Aug 8, 15, 22, 29 | Tuesdays (5 – 8 pm)
- Four evenings on the ocean – $299 plus GST
- Includes use of a kayak, gear & wetsuit rental
- No experience necessary
- 16 years of age
- Solo Re-Entry Card
- Paddle Canada Basic Kayaking certification is available for an additional $15 fee; click here for more information.
Important Information & Resources:
Other things to note:
Feel like getting the through the basics so you can get out paddling sooner? Try our Beginner Weekend, where we cover the same content in a Saturday and Sunday lesson.